For private clients, I require photographic evidence of identify e.g. a current valid passport, photo card driving licence or national identity card together with proof of residential address e.g. council tax bill, utility bill or bank statement issued within the last three months.
For a company, I will conduct my own checks at Companies House to establish that the company exists and that the signatory has authority to act on its behalf.
What you will need before your appointment with me
Prior to an appointment with me you will need the following:
- The document or documents which require my seal and signature.
- Please make sure that you do not sign or have this document witnessed before our appointment. It is imperative that everything is done in my presence as the notary.
- Any instructions which have been given by the lawyer or foreign Notary who has prepared the document.
- There are sometimes requirements about signing each page or even the colour of the ink.
- If you have received the document electronically, please forward it to my email address in advance of the appointment.
- Please check the document carefully for errors in your name, address and passport number. If I have received the document electronically I should be able to make any necessary amendment to the document.